Trusty Travel








Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Citizens of qualified countries may be able to visit the U.S. without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. All travelers coming to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program must obtain authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)system prior to initiating travel to the United States

If you do not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program or are traveling to study, work, participate in an exchange program, or any other purpose that does not fall under a B visa purpose of travel, you will need a nonimmigrant visa. A visa does not guarantee entry to the United States. A visa simply indicates that a U.S. consular officer has determined that you are eligible to apply for entry to the United States for a specific purpose.

Nonimmigrant Visas

A nonimmigrant visa is used by tourists, business people, students, or specialty workers who wish to stay for a particular period of time in the United States to accomplish specific purposes. According to U.S. visa laws and regulations, most nonimmigrant visa applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence and must show that they intend to depart the United States after their temporary stay.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas are for persons who plan to live permanently in the United States. The immigrant visa permits an application for admission to the United States as a Legal Permanent Resident and is a potential step toward acquiring U.S. citizenship. Most immigrant visa applications begin when a qualified family member who is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident submits a petition on behalf of the intending immigrant to the U. S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) in the United States or at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate abroad. It is also possible for a U.S. employer to file a petition for a foreign national whom the employer wishes to hire for an eligible permanent position.



Visa applicants, including children, are required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable visa application fee, sometimes referred to as the MRV fee, before applying for a nonimmigrant visa. The visa application fee must be paid whether a visa is issued or not. The type of visa for which you apply determines the fee amount. This webpage lists visa application fees associated with each nonimmigrant visa type.

Please note that only the application fees for nonimmigrant visas are listed here. Information about other visa fees that are paid directly to the National Visa Center, to the U.S. Embassy, or to the Department of Homeland Security, can be found here.

Payment Information

Although fees are listed in U.S. dollars, payment must be made using local currency. You can pay your fee at Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) or, if you are an account holder at Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) or BancNet , you can pay online. More information about payment options is here. To find a Bank of the Philippine Islands branch, click here.


Your visa application fee is non-refundable and you cannot transfer it to another person. You will receive a receipt after paying the application fee. This receipt is valid for one year from the date of payment and allows you to schedule your interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. You must schedule your interview while the receipt is valid, which means your interview must be booked within one year of paying your fee. If you do not schedule an interview within a year of payment then your receipt will expire, you will not be able to schedule an interview, and you must pay the fee again and begin the process anew.

Remember: Applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointments. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to make another visa application fee. Visa application fees are nonrefundable.

Visa Types and Application Fee Amounts

The application fees shown below are listed in U.S. dollars and apply to one visa application. The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is $160. This includes tourist, business, student, and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are $190.00. K visas cost $240.00 and the fee amount for E visas is $270.00. Following the tables is a short list of nonimmigrant visas which do not require payment of an application fee

Fee Amount (USD) Fee Amount (PHP) Visa Type Description
$160 7200 B Business/Tourist
$160 7200 C-1 Transit
$160 7200 D Ship/Airline Crew
$160 7200 F Student (academic)
$160 7200 I Journalist and Media
$160 7200 J Exchange Visitors
$160 7200 M Student (vocational)
$160 7200 T Victim of Human Trafficking
$160 7200 TN/TD NAFTA Professionals
$160 7200 U Victim of Criminal Activity
$190 8550 CW Transitional Workers CNMI
$190 8550 H Temporary/Seasonal Workers and Employment, Trainees
$190 8550 L Intracompany Transferees
$190 8550 O Persons with Extraordinary Ability
$190 8550 P Athletes. Artists & Entertainers
$190 8550 Q International Cultural Exchange
$190 8550 R Religious Worker
$240 10800 K Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen
$270 12150 E Treaty Trader/Investor, Australian Professional Specialty

*Visa Types and Application Fee Amounts - Sorted by Fee Class

Visa Type Description Fee Amount (USD) Fee Amount (PHP)
B Business/Tourist $160 7200
C-1 Transit $160 7200
D Ship/Airline Crew $160 7200
F Student (academic) $160 7200
I Journalist and Media $160 7200
J Exchange Visitors $160 7200
M Student (vocational) $160 7200
T Victim of Human Trafficking $160 7200
TN/TD NAFTA Professionals $160 7200
U Victim of Criminal Activity $160 7200
CW Transitional Workers CNMI $190 8550
H Temporary/Seasonal Workers and Employment, Trainees $190 8550
L Intracompany Transferees $190 8550
O Persons with Extraordinary Ability $190 8550
P Athletes. Artists & Entertainers $190 8550
Q International Cultural Exchange $190 8550
R Religious Worker $190 8550
K Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen $240 10800
E Treaty Trader/Investor, Australian Professional Specialty $270 12150

*Visa Types and Application Fee Amounts - Sorted by Visa Type

Visa Types and Conditions with No Fee Required

  • Applicants for A, G, C-2, C-3, NATO, and diplomatic visas (as defined in 22 CFR 41.26)
  • Applicants holding J visas and who are participating in certain official U.S. Government-sponsored educational and cultural exchanges
  • Replacement of a machine-readable visa when the original visa was not properly affixed or the visa needs to be reissued through no fault of the applicant
  • Applicants exempted by international agreement, including members and staff of an observer mission to United Nations
  • Headquarters recognized by the UN General Assembly, and their immediate families
  • Applicants traveling to provide certain charitable services
  • U.S. Government employees traveling on official business

A parent, sibling, spouse or child of a U.S. Government employee killed in the line of duty who is traveling to attend the employee's funeral and/or burial; or a parent, sibling, spouse, son or daughter of a U.S. Government employee critically injured in the line of duty for visitation during emergency treatment and convalescence

Other Fees

If the principal applicant is applying for an L-1 visa under the blanket L visa petition, the principal applicant must pay a $500 fraud prevention and detection fee at the time of their visa interview in the embassy. This must be paid each time a new I-129-S is submitted. The principal applicant may be required to pay a higher $2,250.00 border security act fee if this is indicated on the I-129.

Note: The U.S. petitioner pays the Fraud Prevention

and Detection Fee for individual L, H-1B, and H-2B petitions when the

petition is filed with USCIS.


  • A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form. Visit the DS-160 webpage for more information about the DS-160.
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
  • One (1) 2"x2" (5cmx5cm) photograph. This page has information about the required photo format.
  • A receipt showing payment of your US$160 non-refundable nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, paid in local currency. This page has more information about paying this fee. If a visa is issued, there may be an additional visa issuance reciprocity fee, depending on your nationality. The Department of State's website can help you find out if you must pay a visa issuance reciprocity fee and what the fee amount is.
  • In addition to these items, you must present an interview appointment letter confirming that you booked an appointment through this service. You may also bring whatever supporting documents you believe support the information provided to the consular officer.
  • Supporting Documents
    • Supporting documents are only one of many factors a consular officer will consider in your interview. Consular officers look at each application individually and consider professional, social, cultural and other factors during adjudication. Consular officers may look at your specific intentions, family situation, and your long-range plans and prospects within your country of residence. Each case is examined individually and is accorded every consideration under the law.

      Caution: Do not present false documents. Fraud or misrepresentation can result in permanent visa ineligibility. If confidentiality is of concern, the applicant should bring the documents to the Embassy in a sealed envelope. The Embassy will not make this information available to anyone and will respect the confidentiality of the information
    • You should bring the following documents to your interview. Original documents are always preferred over photocopies and you must bring these documents with you to the interview. Do not fax, email or mail any supporting documents to the Embassy.
  1. Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.
  2. Your travel itinerary and/or other explanation about your planned trip.
  3. A letter from you employer detailing your position, salary, how long you have been employed, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose, if any, of your U.S. trip.
  4. Criminal/court records pertaining to any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if you completed your sentence or were later pardoned.
  5. Additionally, based on your purpose of travel, you should consider bringing the following:
    1. Students Bring your latest school results, transcripts and degrees/diplomas. Also bring evidence of financial support such as monthly bank statements, fixed deposit slips, or other evidence.
    2. Working adults Bring an employment letter from your employer and pay slips from the most recent three months.
    3. Business visitors and company directors Bring evidence of your position in the company and remuneration.
    4. Visiting a relative Bring photocopies of your relative's proof of status (e.g. Green Card, naturalization certificate, valid visa, etc).
    5. Previous visitors to the U.S. If you were previously in the United States, any documents attesting to your immigration or visa status.
    6. If you wish to travel to the U.S. for medical treatment, then you should be prepared to present the following documentation in addition to the documents listed above and those the consular officer may require:
      1. A medical diagnosis from a local physician explaining the nature of your ailment and the reason you require treatment in the United States.
      2. A letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States expressing a willingness to treat this specific ailment and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors' fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
      3. A statement of financial responsibility from the individuals or organization paying for your transportation, medical and living expenses. The individuals guaranteeing payment of these expenses must provide proof of their ability to do so, often in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns.